Micah Legal Board of Directors
Ross T. Ewing, Esq. // Chair
– Ross became Chair of the Board in 2020; he joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2017. He is a family law attorney and mediator in private practice in Lexington. Ross has previously worked as a family court clerk and in a few firms. He is currently the Chair of the Board of The Carnegie Center for Literacy & Learning.
Melissa Gayheart, Esq. // Treasurer
– Melissa joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2020. She is an attorney in private general practice, with particular experience and interest in tax and probate matters. She became the Treasurer of Micah Legal in 2021.
Catherine Monzingo, Esq. // Secretary
– Catherine joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2020. She is a family law attorney in private practice in Lexington. She became the Secretary of Micah Legal in 2021.
Leslie (Dani) Rodgers // Founding Member
– Dani was a Founding Member of Micah Legal’s Board in 2016, serving in several roles. She works for the US Census Bureau, and is trilingual (Spanish, Japanese, and English). In addition to her work with Micah Legal, Dani also serves on the Board of Directors of Greenhouse17, an organization that offers support services and housing to survivors of domestic violence.
Sheila M. Donovan, Esq. // Member
– Sheila joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2018. She is a family law and estate planning attorney and mediator with Clark Law Office in Lexington. Her background as a Senior Crisis Line Counselor for people experiencing mental health issues gives her a unique perspective and appreciation for the members of the population served by Micah Legal. Sheila’s previous Board service includes AIDS Volunteers of Lexington (AVOL) and National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)-Lexington Chapter.
Joseph Ales // Member
– Joseph has been a Member of the Board of Micah Legal since 2017. He served as the Treasurer for over three years, and has a Master of Science in Accounting from Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky. Joe is the Chief Financial Officer of Equus/Standardbred Station Equine Insurance, and lives with his wife and step kids in Versailles.
Donald J. Niehaus, Esq. // Member
– Donnie joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2018. He works as an insurance defense attorney with Ward Hocker Thornton in Lexington. Donnie also serves as the Director of the Board of Reading Camp and was a member of the 2016 class of Leadership Lexington.