Micah Legal Board of Directors
Lindsey T. Burke, AM, JD // President and Founder
– Lindsey founded Micah Legal in 2016. Her bio is available here.
Sheila M. Donovan, Esq. // Secretary
– Sheila joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2018. She is a family law and estate planning attorney and mediator with Clark Law Office in Lexington. Her background as a Senior Crisis Line Counselor for people experiencing mental health issues gives her a unique perspective and appreciation for the members of the population served by Micah Legal. Sheila has served on several Boards in the past, including AVOL (AIDS Volunteers of Lexington) and NAWBO Lexington Chapter (National Association of Women Business Owners).
Joseph Ales // Treasurer
– Joe has been the Treasurer of Micah Legal since 2017. He has Master of Science in Accounting from Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky. Joe is the Chief Financial Officer of Equus/Standardbred Station Equine Insurance.
Leslie (Dani) Rodgers // Founding Member
– Dani was a Founding Member of Micah Legal, serving in several roles. She is a Program Specialist with the LFUCG Domestic Violence Prevention Board. In addition to her work with Micah Legal, Dani also serves on the Board of Directors of Greenhouse17, an organization that offers support services and housing to survivors of domestic violence.
Ross T. Ewing, Esq. // Member
– Ross joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2017. He is a family law attorney and mediator in private practice in Lexington. Ross has previously worked as a family court clerk and as a solo practitioner. He is currently the Chair of the Board of The Carnegie Center for Literacy & Learning.
Donald J. Niehaus, Esq. // Member
– Donnie joined the Board of Micah Legal in 2018. He works as a insurance defense attorney with Ward Hocker Thornton in Lexington. Donnie also serves as the Director of the Board of Reading Camp and was a member of the 2016 class of Leadership Lexington.